Sequence Music Engine is a lightweight adaptive music middleware for video games and interactive installations. The engine is a result of collaboration with Jan Valta. It is a viable alternative to Wwise and FMOD Studio.
- Unlimited soundtrack length
- Logic expression-driven selection of scenes
- Fully customizable resequencing
- Seamless transitions (shown above) and Beat-sychronized transitions between scenes
- Beat-synchronized transitions inside the scenes
- Fully customizable reorchestration (layering)
- Music authoring tool available
- CryEngine, FMOD Studio, and Unity integrations available
- Compatible platforms: Windows, PS4, PS5, XBOX 1, XBOX Series X
- Implementation of custom platforms possible
- Source code available to all projects
Licenses are issued per title and are valid for all platforms. License for Sequence Music Engine comes with expert support of the system creators who also may provide the technical music design and implementation.
Adam J. Sporka & Jan Valta (2017) Design and implementation of a non-linear symphonic soundtrack of a video game, New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, 23:4, 229-246, DOI: 10.1080/13614568.2017.1416682